The Awesomeness that is the IDEO Way
Fred Dust from IDEO taking questions after his presentation on designing for scale
Last night's DCA AIGA Student Group event was fantastic, with a standing-room only crowd of about 100 eager listeners packed into a classroom in Lindbrook. Fred Dust educated us on the ways of thoughtful, empathetic and strategic design that is the IDEO way.
Andrew Kutchera and Fred Dust
My personal highlights:
- The visuals, which included a photo of Fred's dog (and connected story)
- Stories of Peruvian women who are change agents in their communities
- Distilling the diversity of our citizenry into four behavior types that can then be targeted when teaching said citizens how to access their social security
- Homemade bundt cake at the back of the room
- Seeing students I know and connecting them to one another and their instructors
- Fred's sense of humor, which is up my humor alley
- Thanking Lutska for her years of service!
I took many photos and tried to capture how inspired and abuzz we all were. Love, hope, bravery!
What were your highlights?
Lutska Mamos, Fred Dust, Aileen Tu