Scott was a reviewer at the AIGA Portfolio Day last Saturday. He said that a few people asked him what companies are looking for in a web designer. He chose this description as one that explains the needs well and paraphrased it as "strong design, some technical, user experience and enthusiasm to do something big."
Jumo is a technology/product-focused non-profit seeking motivated, experienced web designers for a small team. You will be responsible for designing and producing user interfaces and graphics for use throughout the site, with a strong focus on the end user experience. Qualifications include:
- Experience designing for fast-paced, fast-growing sites. (Please include links/examples with description)
- Ability to work in collaboration with a small team of technologists to shape and design the user experience
- Ability to creatively, conscientiously, and rapidly move through prototyping, wire-framing, user state/interaction design, and finalized stages
- Advanced experience with tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- The competence and confidence to own your own work. Early in the project you will be the sole designer.
- A passion for building great sites and designs coupled with an enthusiasm for engaging in rapid prototyping and fast-paced development
- Ability to work independently and think creatively about technical solutions to human problems
- Ability to grasp the big picture, have big ideas with the courage to voice them
- A drive to develop new skills